.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

old guy's rants

~ musings from a life well lived ~

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cornwall, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Energetic, articulate and intelligent. A man of vision. Not nearly as curmudgeonly as I pretend to be. (I declined to write a description of myself, so this was a collaborative effort developed by my daughter and my life parter.)

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What a great day it was. Thanksgiving. Thanking each and every one of you who were there and thinking of those who were somewhere else.

I looked and saw young and old, smiling and happy. I saw cunning and openness in the faces of the little ones. trying to guess what little ones are thinking is a difficult endeavour. But I certainly saw happiness, some questioning, some wondering, some just happy.

Every day I wonder how being so far away from so many of your relatives will affect you i.e. Joan, Kate and Joe. I left willingly and went to many places before I returned to my home and revisited my family. But you were dragged off to the backwoods of Cape Breton and only on rare occasions met with any of your kin.

Perhaps it does not matter in your lives. You have your own lives to live and those close to you to comfort and support you. But perhaps it does matter and you wish for a closer connection with those far away to whom you are related.

So, if you are wishing to reconnect to those who are far away, let me know and I will try to arrange it.

Be assured that whichever you choose it will not affect the depth of the live I have for you and your offspring. Despite my infrequency of blogging, I do think of you often and wonder how I could be more in your lives. Alas, distance, for me anyway, makes my heart grow fonder. So I treasure each and every time I see you and visit and watch and share.


I saw and felt community, love, joy, happiness, sharing, a whole symphony of interaction. Thanks again for inviting me to join you in your celebration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home